JAKE E. LEE ‘RETRACED’:
March 22, 2005
Jake E. Lee’s upcoming covers album ‘Retraced’ will be released in Europe on April 25, 2005 on Mascot Records.
Jake E. Lee took the guitar community by storm when he replaced the legendary Randy Rhoads in Ozzy’s band and became Ozzy’s songwriting collaborator (“Bark At The Moon”and “The Ultimate Sin”), where his innovative rhythm guitar parts and awesome solos helped further define Ozzy’s sound of the Era. After leaving Ozzy, Jake formed “Badlands”.
On “Retraced” Jake revisits some of the music that inspired him to practice and better himself as a young guitarist. Teaming up with drummer Aynsley Dunbar (Journey, Jeff Beck, John Mayall, Frank Zappa, Whitesnake), bassist Tim Bogert (Jeff Beck, Cactus, Vanilla Fudge) and vocalist Chris Logan (MSG-Michael Schenker Group), Jake plays inspired versions of songs previously recorded by artists such as “Free”, “Montrose”, “Grand Funk”, Johnny Winter, Robin Trower, etc., each song brimming with high energy guitar work.
1. Way back to the bone (Trapeze)
2. I’ll be creepin (Free)
3. Love is worth blues (Leslie West)
4. Evil (Cactus) …this song was performed by Badlands live and is on some of their boots w/ Greg Chaisson singing
5. I’ll come tumblin’ (Grand Funk)
6. Hard way to go (Savoy Brown)
7. Woman (James Gang)
8. Rock Candy (Montrose)
9. Guess I’ll go away (Johnny Winter)
10. Whiskey Train (Procol Harem)
11. I can’t stand it (Robin Trower)