Slash Starts Work On New Solo Album
October 5, 2011
Legendary guitarist Slash has told fans that he’s ready to record the follow-up to his self-titled solo album.
The former Guns N’ Roses musician tweeted, “Listening to demos we recorded last week. Some tighter than others but sounding good. 14 songs together so far. Three more to go. Looking good to record three songs starting this weekend.”
He will be getting the same band together to work on the material as last time, including Myles Kennedy, frontman of Florida rock band Alter Bridge, on vocals. The sessions so far haven’t been completely painless though. Slash added, “I got blisters on my fingaas!!’ – John Lennon. Tell me about it. At least I was told it was John. Regardless who said it, I’ve got them and I love them.”
Fans of Guns N’Roses’ classic ‘Appetite For Destruction’ will be pleased to hear he’s even dug out his original guitar to take into the studio. “Played my original AFD Les Paul all day today,” continued Slash. “It’s been awhile. It’s like an old friend. Such a great guitar.”
There are 17 songs written and ready to record, and Slash and the band are heading to California’s Barefoot Studio to work with producer Eric Valentine — according to bassist Todd Kerns they expect to have the record finished by the end of the year.