CRUE FEST 2 PARTNERS WITH MONSTER ENERGY DRINK FOR SECOND STAGE
June 2, 2009
Crue Fest 2 has announced a partnership with Monster Energy to add an additional stage at this year’s festival. The new Monster Energy Stage doubles the entertainment value at Crue Fest 2 with five extra bands showcasing the next generation of rock, including one local band in each tour market. The performances on the Monster Energy Stage will be staggered between main stage acts creating a non-stop music event and adding to the overall festival atmosphere. With no change in ticket prices, rock fans will be given the opportunity to see ten great rock bands for the price of one.
A local band will be chosen by the presenting radio station in each market contributing to the legacy of rock bands on the tour. The chosen band will open the Monster Energy Stage for a dedicated and Crue Fest 2 sized crowd.
“It’s always been in our hearts to turn our fans onto new rock music. A 2nd stage seems to be just what the doctor ordered for Crue Fest 2 and gives loyal Crue and rock fans more for their hard earned money. See ya there,” said Motley Crue’s Nikki Sixx, Mick Mars, Vince Neil and Tommy Lee.
Monster Energy has dedicated its brand to live music over the years as part of major National and International festivals, specialty concert tours and substantial one-offs, in both core sponsor and associate sponsor categories utilizing on-site activation through multiple avenues. The partnership with Crue Fest 2 marks the first time Monster Energy will have a mobile stage dedicated entirely to their brand.
“Motley Crue is such an iconic band with the most loyal fans in the world. In a time where it seems everything is being cut back, Motley Crue is giving more to its fans and at the same time giving up and coming bands exposure. Monster Energy is proud to be a part of the havoc that will be wreaked across the nation this summer,” says Brent Hamilton of Monster Energy.
The main stage at the Live Nation produced Crue Fest 2 stars Motley Crue and features Godsmack, Theory of a Deadman, Drowning Pool and introduces Charm City Devils. The sequel to last summer’s most successful touring festival begins its North American trek in Camden, NJ on July 19th and comes to an end on September 5th in Darien Lake, NY.
Crue Fest 2 Tour Dates
– 19 Camden, NJ Susquehanna Bank Center
– 21 Cuyahoga Falls, OH Blossom Music Center
– 22 Tinley Park, IL First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
– 24 Minot, ND North Dakota State Fair (Motley Crue only)
– 27 Auburn, WA White River Amphitheatre
– 28 Portland, OR The Amphitheater at Clark County
– 30 Mountain View, CA Shoreline Amphitheatre
– 31 San Bernardino, CA San Manuel Amphitheater
– 1 Las Vegas, NV The Joint at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino
– 3 Salt Lake City, UT USANA Amphitheatre
– 4 Englewood, CO Fiddler’s Green Amphitheatre
– 5 Albuquerque, NM Journal Pavilion
– 7 Spring, TX Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
– 8 Dallas, TX Superpages.com Center
– 9 Kansas City, MO Sprint Center
– 11 Maryland Heights, MO Verizon Wireless Amphitheater – St. Louis
– 12 Indianapolis, IN Verizon Wireless Music Center – Indianapolis
– 14 Cincinnati, OH Riverbend Music Center
– 15 Clarkston, MI DTE Energy Music Theatre
– 16 Pittsburgh, PA Post Gazette Pavilion
– 18 Holmdel, NJ PNC Bank Arts Center
– 19 Mansfield, MA Comcast Center
– 21 Virginia Beach, VA Verizon Wireless Virginia Beach Amphitheater
– 22 Bristow, VA Nissan Pavilion
– 23 Raleigh, NC Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion
– 27 W. Palm Beach, FL Cruzan Ampitheatre
– 28 Tampa, FL Ford Amphitheatre
– 29 Atlanta, GA Lakewood Amphitheatre
– 30 Charlotte, NC Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
– 1 Saratoga Springs, NY Saratoga Performing Arts Center
– 3 Syracuse, NY New York State Fair
– 4 Scranton, PA Toyota Pavilion
– 5 Darien Lake, NY Darien Lake Performing Arts Center
Courtesy of www.sleazeroxx.com and www.myspace.com/motleycrue