Guns N’ Roses ‘Not Planning Two Year World Tour’
GUNS N’ ROSES ‘NOT PLANNING TWO YEAR WORLD TOUR’:
December 31, 2008
Guitarist says he was misquoted… Guns N’ Roses guitarist Richard Fortus has denied that the band are planning a world tour.
Earlier this week, the guitarist was quoted as saying the tour, scheduled to begin next March, would last “at least two years”.
However, in a new statement, the guitarist claimed to have been “misquoted”.
“I never said that Guns N’ Roses would be playing St. Louis, nor did I say that we will be doing free shows or that we are starting a two-year tour in March,” he said in a statement to Blabbermouth. “Selective hearing. Never said it.”
Various publications, including Gigwise, picked up on the comments Fortus made to Illinois newspaper The Telegraph on Monday (December 29th).
In the interview, originally published earlier this month, Fortus appeared to speak candidly about the band’s future.
At one point, he joked that the group may return to St Louis – a city where, in 1991, Rose left the stage following a row with a photographer.
Speculation over Guns N’ Roses touring future has been rife following disappointing sales of their long-awaited new album ‘Chinese Democracy’.
Courtesy of www.gigwise.com