Helix unveil video for title track of new album ‘Eat Sleep Rock’
Canadian veteran rockers Helix consisting of long-time frontman Brian Vollmer, guitarists Chris Julke and Gary Borden, bassist Daryl Gray and drummer Greg “Fritz” Hinz have released a video for their new single “Eat Sleep Rock” from their new compilation album of the same name. You can purchase the album Eat Sleep Rock directly from Perris Records‘ website and Helix‘s Eat Sleep Rock CD Merch Bundle from the band’s website.
01. The Story of Helix (unreleased)
02. Eat Sleep Rock (unreleased)
03. Shock City Psycho Rock: From Half-Alive 1996
04. Wrecking Ball: From Half-Alive 1995
05. I’m A Live Frankenstein from my solo album When Pigs Fly 2000
01. Even Jesus (Wasn’t Loved In His Home Town): From Bastard of The Blues 2014
02. Cyberspace Girl: From The Power of Rock And Roll 2006
03. When The Bitters Got The Better Of You: From Vagabond Bones 2008
04. The Tequila Song: from the EP The Devil Is Having A Party Tonight (limited red vinyl copies sold:300)
05. (Gene Simmons Says) Rock Is Dead: From the Universal album ICON, released 2017.
06. The Devil Is Having A Party Tonight: from the EP of the same name. (limited red vinyl copies sold:300)
In a soon to be posted interview with Sleaze Roxx, Vollmer spoke about the new album Eat Sleep Rock and stated:
“With the advent of vinyl becoming such a big seller nowadays surpassing CDs, I wanted to put an album out that spanned the years from when we left Capitol [Records] from 1990 to the present. The album is comprised of some of my favorite songs from those indie albums like “Shock City Psycho Rock” and “Wrecking Ball” from Half-Alive, “I’m A Live Frankestein” from my solo album When Pigs Fly, “When The Bitters Got The Better of You” with Sean Kelly. I am very proud of the lyrics that we came up with on that song. But then there’s other songs like “(Gene Simmons Says” Rock Is Dead” which was never really released on vinyl except I think on a best of from EMI or Universal or something like that so anyways, it’s really a best of album from 1990 to the present with a couple of new tracks. The new tracks are “The Story of Helix” which is basically like a seven and a half minute rap on the band. The second one is “Eat Sleep Rock” that I wrote with Sean Kelly a couple of years ago in Toronto. We had the song sitting around. We finished it. Daryl produced it at his Dawghause [Project] Studios up in St. Catharines. It was mixed by Sigfried Meier up in Goderich at Beach Road Studios and Harry Hess did the mastering up in Toronto.”
Helix‘s “Eat Sleep Rock” video: