IRON MAIDEN CANCEL PLANS TO QUIT:
March 16, 2009
Heavy metal legends Iron Maiden have abandoned plans to quit after their next album, insisting they’ll keep rocking well into old age. Just last year, bassist Steve Harris suggested the group was close to disbanding, and that band members would walk away after the next release.
He said, “We’ve always said we’re only going to do 15 albums; we’re coming up to it. There’s going to be an ending point.”
But guitarist Adrian Smith reveals the group has experienced a shift in opinion as it celebrates its 35th anniversary – and band members have decided to keep on recording and performing.
Smith tells MetalHammer.co.uk, “We’ll carry on. The great thing is that there’s clearly a huge audience out there waiting to hear what we’re going to do right now; and in the real world that’s not a very common situation so you have to appreciate it.”