New book ‘Alice Cooper @ 75’ to be released on January 31st
A new book about shock rocker Alice Cooper titled Alice Cooper @ 75 will be released via Motorbooks on January 31, 2023. The book by Gary Graff will be in hard cover with a slipcase and consists of 208 pages with 350 colour, and black and white photos.
The Quarto Group‘s press release indicates (with slight edits):
“Alice Cooper @ 75 is a lavish illustrated biography of the original “shock rocker,’ examining an extraordinary career through the lens of 75 key events, releases, and collaborations.
Pythons, guillotines, stage blood… Alice Cooper is widely considered the godfather of shock rock thanks to his inventive concoction of vaudeville, horror film conceits, and three-chord rock ’n’ roll. In Alice Cooper at 75, veteran rock journalist Gary Graff shows you this rock icon through the lens of 75 career accomplishments, events, and partnerships:
- Cooper’s childhood in Detroit and Arizona and early garage bands the Earwigs and the Spiders
- All 28 studio albums, including those as frontman of Alice Cooper the band
- The greatest single like the classic-rock standards “I’m Eighteen,” “School’s Out,” and “Welcome to My Nightmare”
- Collaborations with artists including Slash, Dave Grohl, Johnny Depp, Wayne Kramer, and many more
- Associations with notable guitarists, including Glen Buxton, Nita Strauss, Orianthi, and others
- Non-musical passions like classic cars and, of course, golf; his tireless charity work
- His relationship with wife and entertainment accomplice Sheryl
Every page is illustrated with stunning concert and candid offstage photography, as well as gig posters, album covers, period ads, and more. Bonus material includes a sturdy slipcase, a gatefold timeline, two pullout posters, and a previously unpublished 8″ × 10″.
Beginning with his 1969 debut LP Pretties For You and continuing through his latest release, Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Alice Cooper is one of the most influential performers and musicians in hard rock and heavy metal, influencing countless acts both visually and musically. This book is your unprecedented retrospective of Cooper’s career from teenage garage rocker to international star and celebrity.
Publishing January 31, 2023 (just ahead of Alice’s 75th birthday, February 4), Alice Cooper at 75 is a unique book unlike any others, examining the life of an iconic artist unlike any other.”