CBS REVEALS THE IDENTITIES OF ITS ‘ROCKSTAR: SUPERNOVA’ CONTESTANTS:
June 23, 2006
CBS has revealed the identities of the fifteen singers who will compete in Rock Star: Supernova, this summer’s new edition of the Mark Burnett-created Rock Star: INXS reality talent competition that the network aired last summer.
Scheduled to premiere Wednesday, July 5 at 8PM ET/PT with a special 90-minute episode, Rock Star: Supernova will look for a lead singer for Supernova, a newly-formed band comprised of former Motley Crue drummer (and former NBC reality show star) Tommy Lee, former Metallica guitarist Jason Newsted, and former Guns N’ Roses guitarist Gilby Clarke. First season co-hosts Dave Navarro and Brooke Burke will both return for Rock Star’s second edition.
Following its July 5 premiere, a special Thursday broadcast of Rock Star: Supernova’s second episode will follow Big Brother 7: All-Stars’ July 6 premiere, after which the series will settle into its regularly scheduled Tuesdays at 9PM ET/PT and Wednesdays at 8PM ET/PT time periods.
Similar to last summer’s season, Rock Star: Supernova’s group of singers features an international cast. In addition to eleven Americans, the cast also includes two Canadians, an Australian, and a singer from Iceland. However, despite Burnett’s March comments that unlike other reality talent competitions like American Idol, some of Rock Star’s first season finalists would be allowed to once again compete on the show’s second season, Rock Star: Supernova’s cast does not include any of Rock Star: INXS’ competitors. According to The London Free Press, a local newspaper that interviewed Burnett at Rock Star: Supernova’s Toronto open casting call, Suzie McNeil, a Toronto singer who finished fourth on Rock Star’s first season, was to be among those returning for a second chance.
After Rock Star: Supernova’s September finale ends with the band selecting their new lead singer, the group will head into the studio and record a debut album that will be produced by Butch Walker, a songwriter/producer who has previous worked with Avril Lavigne, Pink, Bowling for Soup and Tommy Lee. In Idol-like fashion, the quickly-assembled album is expected to be released sometime in the fall, after which the group will embark on a world tour.
The fifteen performers competing on Rock Star: Supernova are:
– Zayra Alvarez, a singer from Dallas, TX
– Dana Andrews, a singer from Augusta, GA
– Magni Asgeirsson, a singer from Reykjavik, Iceland
– Jenny Galt, a singer from Vancouver, BC
– Jill Gioia, a singer from New York, NY
– Matt Hoffer, a singer from Chicago, IL
– Storm Large, a singer from Portland, OR
– Josh Logan, a singer from Manchester, NH
– Chris Pierson, a singer from Atlanta, GA
– Patrice Pike, a singer from Austin, TX
– Toby Rand, a singer from Melbourne, Australia
– Phil Ritchie, a singer from Ocean City, MD
– Dilana Robichaux, a singer from Houston, TX
– Lukas Rossi, a singer from Toronto, ON
– Ryan Star (not former American Idol finalist Ryan Starr), a singer from New York, NY
Courtesy of www.realitytvworld.com