OZZY THROUGH WITH ‘THE OSBOURNES’:
November 19, 2004
Aging rocker Ozzy Osbourne may have made his comeback by starring in one of MTV’s most popular reality TV shows to date, but he’s had enough.
“When you watch a 25-minute episode, I’ve been filming all day,” Osbourne said, when asked if he and his family were thinking of filming another season of “The Osbournes.”
“At the end of it I didn’t like having cameras around the house all the time,” he told reporters last night (Nov. 18) at the MTV Europe Music Awards in Rome.
His wife and co-star agreed. “Now everybody’s doing [reality shows],” Sharon Osbourne said. “He’s done it, he’s been there, he’s got to do something else.”
Even if their title show is finished, the Osbournes are currently appearing in the MTV reality show “Battle for Ozzfest,” in which the winning band will get a slot on the 10th anniversary Ozzfest tour next year.
As previously reported, Osbourne’s career will be celebrated with the four-disc boxed set, “Bible of Ozz,” due Feb. 8 via Epic.
Jonathan Cohen courtesy of Billboard