Ozzy offering $25,000 reward for arrest and conviction and/or return of stolen Randy Rhoads items
Following the very sad news that the Musonia School of Music in North Hollywood, California, USA had been broken into and many items pertaining to deceased guitarist and bandmate Randy Rhoads had been taken, Ozzy Osbourne has stepped up by offering a $25,000 reward for the arrest and conviction and/or return of the stolen items.
The following message was posted on Ozzy Osbourne‘s Facebook page earlier today:
“As many of you have heard, the Musonia School of Music in N. Hollywood, CA (the school where Randy Rhoads famously taught guitar) was viciously robbed on Thanksgiving night. Musonia was run by Randy’s late mother, Delores, and after his death 37 years ago, the school became something of a pilgrimage to his fans from all over the world. It is a place where the Rhoads Family happily opened their hearts to share the life of Randy. As you can imagine, the items that were stolen, including Randy’s first electric guitar, are irreplaceable to the Rhoads Family. I am heartbroken that these treasured physical memories of Randy and Delores have been taken from the family so I’ve decided to personally offer a $25,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction and/or return of all stolen items. For information regarding the theft or return of these items please contact: Nick D’Argenzio Phone: 818-281-7893 E-Mail: [email protected]
Here is a list and images of the items that were taken:
· Randy Rhoads’ First Electric Guitar Owned, Harmony Rocket Est. 1963
· Randy Rhoads’ Original Quiet Riot Gear – Peavey Amp Head, 1970s
· Randy Rhoads Series Marshall Head, Rare Protoype No. 1 or 2 given to the family by Marshall Company.
· Delores Rhoads’ First Trumpet, a Prewar/Great Depression Era Silver Fresh Besson Trumpet. This was given to her as a child by her medical doctor father in exchange for medical services as a barter during the great depression. This subsequently sparked Delores Rhoads long lived music career.
· 40 years of fan gifts to the Rhoads Family, memorabilia, all photos of Randy Rhoads, the Osbournes, Delores Rhoads, and miscellaneous instruments were taken. The photo shown in the main room was cleared out.”