PRETTY BOY FLOYD
LEATHER BOYZ WITH ELECTRIC TOYZ
Released 1989 (MCA), 2003 (Perris)
Billboard Chart Position #130
01. Leather Boyz With Electric Toyz
02. Rock & Roll (Is Gonna Set The Night On Fire)
03. Wild Angels
04. 48 Hours
05. Toast Of The Town
06. Rock And Roll Outlaws
07. Only The Young
08. The Last Kiss
09. Your Momma Won’t Know
10. I Wanna Be With You
11. Slam Dunk (*2003 reissue only*)
12. She’s My Baby (*2003 reissue only*)
13. Two Hearts (*2003 reissue only*)
14. Over The Edge (*2003 reissue only*)
15. I Just Wanna Have Something To Do (*2003 reissue only*)
Steve Sex Summers – vocals
Kristy Krash Majors – guitar
Vinnie Chas – bass
Kari Kane – drums
Produced by Howard Benson.
Leather Boyz With Electric Toyz was the major label debut from this over-the-top Los Angeles glam quartet. Songs such as “48 Hours”, “Rock And Roll Outlaws” and “Only The Young” really rock, and reminds one of Poison and early Motley Crue. There are also two nice slower paced songs called “Wild Angels” and “I Wanna Be With You”.
The new reissue of this classic glam album features a different cover and five bonus tracks, including the very cool “Slam Dunk”. Pretty Boy Floyd sounded good and looked outrageous, a combination that created a huge buzz in their early years. I feel they should’ve had more recognition and give Leather Boyz With Electric Toyz two thumbs up!
Reviewed by Pam for Sleaze Roxx, June 2003.