Stryper Partners With SongVest For Song Rights Auction
February 16, 2010
SongVest To Partner With Christian Rock Legends Stryper For Song Rights Auction
SongVest, the company that reinvented the music memorabilia business by offering the ultimate fan collectable — the songs themselves — has announced their next major online auction will take place March 6 – 13 at www.songvest.com and will include “Alive”, a new song from Christian hard rock icons Stryper.
The band’s lead singer and the song’s writer, Michael Sweet, has partnered with SongVest to offer fans, collectors, and investors two unique packages to bid on:
The Multi-Platinum Edition will include:
– 40% of Michael Sweet’s Writer’s Share of the song’s royalties
– Private dinner for two with Michael
– Michael’s acoustic guitar used on EVERY Stryper and Michael Sweet recording since 1995
– Personalized, one-of-kind album award with handwritten lyrics and signed CD
– Life-time VIP Guest Pass for two
The Platinum Edition will include:
– 5% of Michael Sweet’s Writer’s Share of the song’s royalties
– Album award signed by Michael
– One-time VIP Guest Pass for two
“SongVest has allowed me to share my music with our fans in the most intimate way possible, so I’m very excited about someone owning a portion of “Alive” as their own,” said lead singer Michael Sweet.”
The auction will end at 3PM EST on Saturday, March 13. Fans can register now at www.songvest.com and go behind the scenes with Michael to learn how and why the song was written.
Since 2007, SongVest has offered music fans, collectors, and investors the unique opportunity to share the royalties with the writers of their favorite music. Past auctions have included the rights to songs recorded by Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Carrie Underwood, Ringo Starr, Ozzy Osbourne, and The Monkees.